We are just forming and can use all the help we can get. If you have any interest in furthing liberty in Burlington, please contact us and let us know how you want to help. There are a variety of things you can do to help. The following are some areas you can help us with:
- Participate in forum discussions. The following are some Yahoo Groups we have interest in:
- VT-Liberty – This is a forum for liberty-minded individuals that want to chat with others. This forum includes people from a variety of different political backgrounds.
- CityOfBurlington – A forum for discussion about living in Burlington.
- Burlington – Another forum for discussion about living in Burlington
- NYRA-VT – Forum for discussion of action, not ideology about advancing and promoting the ideas of Youth Rights, including combating age discrimination, erroded constitutional rights for the young, and laws which target youth such as curfews, the voting age, and the drinking age.
- Come to city council meetings. Heavenly and Jeremy are usually at each meeting. To be notified of future meetings please sign up for our email list and we’ll keep you posted. Many issues facing Burlington are brought up here and the councilors depend on your input the make their decisions. You can make a great difference in the way the city council votes by voicing your opinions at these meetings. If you need a ride, contact Heavenly or Jeremy and we’ll be glad to help.
- Contacting your city council members. You can write/call them with any questions or opinions you have any issue you have, from what we’ve noticed at the council meetings, councilors more than welcome input on issues that their constituents have. (council member directory)
- Write your local newspapers. Write monthly letters to the editor of the Burlington Free Press and/or your local community papers with your opinions on the issues as well. This can be very powerful method to get your voice heard.
- Come to BLP meetings and events. Check out the News & Events sections or sign up for our email list to be notified of any future BLP meetings.